Saturday, August 05, 2006

I was just on a blog site which had this interesting thing about "What is your Celtic Tree" Funnily enough there is something similar at Dean Castle Country Park Visitor Centre but you have to be able to go there to read it!!
I fyou want to find out your tree just click on the link

You Are A Rowan Tree
You are full of charm and cheer. You light up a room.And while you crave attention, you do it without ego.You are an interesting mix of contradictions - and very unpredictable.You are both dependent and independent, calm and restless.You are passionate, emotional, gregarious, and (at times) unforgiving.


It was funny to find out I am a rowan tree - they were very special trees in the highlands - the home of good spirits, which could ward off evil from the home. That was why so many were planted mear o the doors of highland crofts. Of course they also were one of the few hardy scottish trees, easy to grow, and they would provide shade from the sun and shelter from the wind and rain for people at your door too!!

2 comments:

boneman said...

Turns out I'm a chestnut tree.
(how did they know I was nuts?)

OK, i was checking out yer other blogs, and ya opened up a question...."how do I get rid of the blogs, there are too many of them" and, sure enough, when I went in t'comment, ya had a spammer in there tryin t'sell ya something.

Hey, I just got yer e-mail this eve about Zep, and I sent back a reply....and really. If words ever come out'a the 'puter that seem offensive, 'tain't me. Just m'lack of proper upbringing.
That, and I'm a smart ass who likes t'spread a grin more'n trouble, eh?

So, the answer to yer question about blog removal. Well, laasie, that's a toughie.
Y'go t'the dashboard and choose "change settings" and it takes ya to a bunch of files, the first one (probably already hi-lighted) is called "basics" and at the very bottom of that file folder is a button that sez, "delete blog?"
Push that button.

Or, another way t'do it would be send me a check fer enough t'get t'Scotland, put m'self up in a warm place fer a few nights and, come give me a ride t'yer computer and, I'll push the button.
What say, lass?
Eh?

Ta.

boneman said...

By the way, yer profile sez ya like any good comedy. There's one out, an oldie, but, on dvd, called FUNNY BONES.
Takes place in Blackpool, and is a different sort of comedy, but, Lee Evans does two bits in it that will have ya howling!

OK, I don't really know ya well enough t'say you'll be howling, but, then again, the "fly" thing is so cotton pickin funny....