Friday, June 24, 2005

To Love that has left

My Love has gone, He had to go
He left me alone, to cope on my own
Why did you have to take him away?
He'd promised to me that he would always stay
He'd love me to the end of time
And to all others our love would shine.

A broken body, he couldn't stand the pain
He went to find another plain
Opening a chasm wider than any planetary canyon
A seperation with no chance of reunion
Leaving me with a different pain
I fell like the broken link of a chain.


People tell me that I'll recover
But my life feels dead without my lover
Despite his absence I know I will cope
But coping isn't living, its surviving without hope
On his love and support I had come to depend
My lover, my companion, and truly, my best friend.
##############################
for my Darling Joseph
10th October 1947 to 24th June 2004
written one year since you were taken from me.

No comments: