Thursday, April 28, 2005

Planet Hopping

I have had a life long interest in science fiction since I was a teenager and first read the books of Isaac Asimov and also E.E.'doc' Smith, among others. Here is a little poem I came up with after watching some sci-fi movies on the television recently.
Planet Hopping
To dance on the mountains of Mars
hopping around, jumping high as can be,
driving those big wheeled magical cars
that move in slow motion to me.
..............................
To sail across miles of huge deserts
as on Mars there are yet no seas,
the things we can only imagine
the next generations might see.
.............................
To leave all this beauty behind us
that would be too great a wrench for me
but in my dreams in the night, they find us
on the planets which I'll never see.

kindurco 28April2005

No comments: