Thursday, April 14, 2005

First try at Blogging!

Hello, this is my first try at blogging so I hope you will bear with me. My musings will tend to be mainly about wildlife as that is my biggest interest and a large part of my career as well, but I will probably add in some poetry and pictures from time to time.

At the moment, it is starting to feel like Spring proper out there in the big outdoors. The birds in my garden in Scotland are all chasing each other around like crazy, doing their little courtship rituals for all they are worth. There are already a pair of Blue Tits started nesting in a hole in the garden wall that they used last year [successfully - despite all the cats in the area]. The Collared Doves are displaying to the females at any chance they can get, and the Jackdaws are flying around with nesting material in their beaks. The Dunnocks are fascinating to watch - the males build several nests on their own and then try to entice a female to choose one - and they may end up with more than one female mate!!

1 comment:

Zeppellina said...

Lovely site, can`t wait to hear more bird and wildlife info. I love birds.
next posting please...sooo good!