Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring poetry from my past......

I've just been re-instating my office layout, after waiting for over nine months for a whole in the ceiling [over my desk] to be repaired by the neighbour whose workmen put a foot through the ceiling from the shared loftspace!!! - and I was sitting underneath the area at the time!!!

ANYWAY - as I am moving all my 'stuff' back in I am going through it -'to clear the clutter' and make sure that everything goes in the most logical place [ ie not have everything higglety-pigglety around the space!!].

I found a couple of sheets of poems I had composed away back..............................

Misty tranquility and solitude
ripples over rocks ground down over time
green lagoons of deep seawater
Waterfall of sparkling white
Hidden treasures of delight!
8th March 2007
and

Raucous Rooks in the treetops high
calling and cawing and cursing the sky,
and the cold wind which gusts and rocks
the new nests they are trying to construct.
Patches of white
amongst the grass and tree trunks
dotted around the woodland floor
in groups and clumps.
The lowly little Snowdrop,
harbinger of Spring,
with the Rook chorus
the new growth begins.
8th March 2007

Reading these poems took me straight back to the place where I composed them as well as remembering the place, the weather was calm, with sunny spells, but very cold - much like today has been!!

No comments: