Monday, March 12, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I was re-reading my January comments, when I said that my New Years Resolution was to lose some weight!
I am glad to report tha I am 'on my way', by having lost 15lbs since January 11th, when I rejoined the diet and fitness club.
I also got myself the personal trainer which I had promised to myself.

a quite young ,


handsome


male,


with four paws and a tail that likes to wag!!
Yes I have got a dog.

PATCH
I went to my local Dog's Trust, here in Glasgow, and found him - just waiting for me!! He had not even reached the 'glass' viewing kennels but the assistant thought that we would be just right for each other --- and he was correct.
Patch[! - came with the name] is three years old and came from a 'broken home' - his family had got divorced and both had moved into rented accomodation where no dogs were allowed. SO he and his sister were taken to the Dog's Trust for them to find new homes. His sister had already been 'adopted', before I met Patch. He is three years old and well trained,[house-broken] although he is taking a little while to get to know the cat Suki - and Vice-versa!
Meeting some of the family
Playing 'ball' or rather 'Kill the ball' in the back garden.

He has been with me for a couple of weeks now and has settled in quite well, - and Suki now allows him to within scratching distance before she gives him any warning hisses [ at which he simply sits down!!]

Patch and Suki.

No comments: