Sunday, April 16, 2006

Interruptions

I hate being cut off mid sentence! That is exactly what happened yesterday when I was busy typing away on another entry for my blogsite, when all of a sudden my laptop gave four bleeps and shut down, because it was overheating. There was not enough time to save anything which I had written, or to sign out of the site or anything. Trouble is when I start writing all sorts of things come into my mind and then down via the keyboard, but I do not necessarily retain the train of thought in my mind! So waiting for the laptop to cool down before I could restart, meant that I have forgotten almost all of the things which I had written. I do know some of it was to do with the spring weather.
It is definitely Spring - we have lovely warm sunshine, interrupted by HEAVY bouts of rain and the occasional snow shower followed by the sunshine again - all in an afternoon……………but then I do live in Scotland so I should be used to having the four seasons in one day. I have been dodging the showers to work in my garden - clearing away the winter wreckage of dead twigs, dried up stems and the debris which falls from the two large conifer trees. I was also digging up and dividing some of my perennials - rejuvenating the ‘original’ plant and giving me a few more ‘free’ plants to put elsewhere in the borders and beds. Now I must get my new pond mould put in place, and the vegetable plot up and running again, and the greenhouse sorted out too, before I have my big garden party in May.

No comments: