Monday, August 08, 2005

Thoughts for today

I have been quite busy over the past few weeks at work, and usually felt so tired when I got home that I was lucky if I could be bothered to make myself a meal. I have a borderline underactive thyroid, [after having a cancerous half removed - benign thank God] and loss of appetite, and lethargy are just a couple of the many symptoms which are attributed to this. I have got some new photos for my site which I hope to upload soon.

Last week I was working with some delegates from the World's Youth Congress, which is being held here in Scotland this year, and they were all really nice people. I think a few of them have now picked up the Glesca accent after working with some of the kids of north Glasgow. They all seemed to be surprised by the knowledge that the children [aged 8 - 16] had about other parts of the world and about religions other than their own, and especially the fact that the children [10 year olds] actually came up and were asking THEM about their views of the world situation. However all this was during the activities of Kayaking, cycling and environmental art which everyone was participating in.

I shall upload some relevant photos soon

3 comments:

J.H. said...

Hello!

Just wanted to drop on by your blog...thanks for posting the comments on my own. I love when people stop by leave a note...

It looks like your going for a ride..:) the boat looks small but comfortable...and a great lot of fun!

I hope to see more about you and your adventures.

Keep blogging!

Jenn

Prométhiûs said...

Just dropped by..nice blog pal...
keep bloggin..

Zeppellina said...

Hi there!

Love the swan pics!
Also love the idea of the Worlds Youth Congress going home with Glaswegian accents!!!

Or Weegies...as those devilish Edinburgh people call us!!

Looking forward to seeing the photos!